Nonprofit Forum Agenda for April 25th
11:30 to 1:00 – Financial Management Topic
Nonprofit Forum Registration – free for Nonprofit Organizations
Effective Grants Management and Cost Allocation
How should you perform your grants management and cost allocation responsibilities? We will describe the best practices for these responsibilities. Please bring your questions so we can have a candid and productive conversation.
We will cover the critical aspects grants management and cost allocation including:
- General grants management requirements
- Governance requirements for grants administration
- Review Uniform Grant Guidance
- Internal control and financial management system requirements for federal awards
- Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards and associated audit requirements
- Cost Allocation methodologies including examples
- Cost Allocation plan requirements
- Best practices for grant budget financial management
- Best practices for grant reporting and reconciliations
- Performing an effective grant close out
- How to use your accounting system to perform grants management role?
- How to maximize your grant reimbursement?
- What are signs that grants management role is not being performed?
- How should you as leader evaluate your various options?
We will share our expertise and candid advice to better prepare you for these complex decisions.
3 Key Things you will learn include:
- What are best practices for performing grants management role effective?
- What are federal compliance grants management requirements?
- What are signs that grants management role is not being performed correctly?
Those attending the forum will receive handouts.