Financial Management Training Events
At Financial Technologies & Management, we offer nonprofit financial management training to our clients and to better educate the communities we serve. Since 1999, we have helped nonprofits save time and make sound decisions with nonprofit accounting solutions. Our solutions provide financial management training that focuses on best practices so you can lead and better serve your organization. Successful nonprofits start with strong accounting and planning. That is why we offer training in many targeted areas, from CFO to nonprofit accounting. Our nonprofit financial management training allows you to enhance your accounting skills to make smart decisions.
Effective Nonprofit Accounting Solutions
Whether you are the CFO or staff, our tools help you achieve your goals with strong nonprofit financial management training. We provide all levels of training to assist your accounting staff. Each staff member can benefit from taking our nonprofit financial management training courses. We also offer blog articles, video and document resources, and online events to help boost your staff’s competency in the area of nonprofit accounting systems. Our experts are knowledgeable and qualified financial management trainers that cover every aspect of nonprofit financial management.
Contact us to learn more about our nonprofit accounting solutions. We also offer training in addition to providing software.
MIP Fund Accounting User Group Meetings
Financial Technologies & Management’s Jim Simpson will be hosting monthly Nonprofit Forums and MIP Fund Accounting user group meetings. All nonprofits are welcome to join our free monthly nonprofit forum. There is no charge to attend, but registration is required. Our forum topics include all areas of essential financial management training.
The first Nonprofit Forum and MIP User Group were held during April 2000. We continue to educate and give back to the communities we serve.
- This event has passed.
FTM Nonprofit Forum for February 28, 2018 – Benefits of Cloud Computing in the Accounting Department and Beyond:
February 28, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Nonprofit Forum Agenda for February 28, 2018
11:30 to 12:30-Financial Management Topic
Benefits of Cloud Computing in the Accounting Dept. and beyond:
How should you as leader evaluate your various options? We will describe the differences between cloud and hosted solutions. Please bring your questions so we can have a candid conversation regarding the cloud.
We will cover the critical aspects of cloud or hosting options including:
- Anytime Anywhere so your solution is as mobile as you are
- Budget friendly subscription rate versus upfront licensing costs
- No disruptive upgrades
- No concerns about IT support for hardware upgrades
- In some cases, significant lower costs of ownership
- State of the art security, automated backups, and internet browser accessibility
- Might be stuck with legacy accounting software like Blackbaud Fundware or other out dated accounting software that is difficult for your accounting department to use
- Ability to integrate third party solutions like fundraising and payroll through application program interface and openness of architecture
- Role based dashboards and key performance indicators to provide timely and relevant financial information to entire organization
How should you as leader evaluate your various options? We will share our expertise and candid advice to better prepare you for these complex decisions.
3 Key Things you will learn include:
- Cloud versus hosted solutions
- Latest Nonprofit Accounting Software Industry Options
- Role based dashboards and key performance indicators
Those attending the forum will receive handouts.
12:30 to 12:50-MIP User Group-MIP Advance and other hosted solutions refresher
12:50 to 1:00-FTM Updates and Closing