Financial Management Training Events
At Financial Technologies & Management, we offer nonprofit financial management training to our clients and to better educate the communities we serve. Since 1999, we have helped nonprofits save time and make sound decisions with nonprofit accounting solutions. Our solutions provide financial management training that focuses on best practices so you can lead and better serve your organization. Successful nonprofits start with strong accounting and planning. That is why we offer training in many targeted areas, from CFO to nonprofit accounting. Our nonprofit financial management training allows you to enhance your accounting skills to make smart decisions.
Effective Nonprofit Accounting Solutions
Whether you are the CFO or staff, our tools help you achieve your goals with strong nonprofit financial management training. We provide all levels of training to assist your accounting staff. Each staff member can benefit from taking our nonprofit financial management training courses. We also offer blog articles, video and document resources, and online events to help boost your staff’s competency in the area of nonprofit accounting systems. Our experts are knowledgeable and qualified financial management trainers that cover every aspect of nonprofit financial management.
Contact us to learn more about our nonprofit accounting solutions. We also offer training in addition to providing software.
MIP Fund Accounting User Group Meetings
Financial Technologies & Management’s Jim Simpson will be hosting monthly Nonprofit Forums and MIP Fund Accounting user group meetings. All nonprofits are welcome to join our free monthly nonprofit forum. There is no charge to attend, but registration is required. Our forum topics include all areas of essential financial management training.
The first Nonprofit Forum and MIP User Group were held during April 2000. We continue to educate and give back to the communities we serve.
- This event has passed.
FTM Nonprofit Forum for May 29, 2019 – Effective Grants Management and Cost Allocation
May 29, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pmFree
Nonprofit Forum Agenda for May 29th Register Here
11:30 to 12:30-Financial Management Topic
Effective Grants Management and Cost Allocation
How should you perform your grants management and cost allocation responsibilities? We will describe the best practices for these responsibilities. Please bring your questions so we can have a candid and productive conversation.
We will cover the critical aspects grants management and cost allocation including:
- General grants management requirements
- Governance requirements for grants administration
- Review Uniform Grant Guidance
- Internal control and financial management system requirements for federal awards
- Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards and associated audit requirements
- Cost Allocation methodologies including examples
- Cost Allocation plan requirements
- Best practices for grant budget financial management
- Best practices for grant reporting and reconciliations
- Performing an effective grant close out
- How to use your accounting system to perform grants management role?
- How to maximize your grant reimbursement?
- What are signs that grants management role is not being performed?
How should you as leader evaluate your various options? We will share our expertise and candid advice to better prepare you for these complex decisions.
3 Key Things you will learn include:
- What are best practices for performing grants management role effective?
- What are federal compliance grants management requirements?
- What are signs that grants management role is not being performed correctly?
Those attending the forum will receive handouts.
12:30 to 12:50-MIP User Group-Grants Management and Cost Allocation refresher using MIP
12:50 to 1:00-FTM Updates and Closing