Impressive Microix Workflow Modules
Microix Workflow modules were developed for nonprofits that use Abila MIP Fund Accounting and consist of budget, requisition, inventory, and timesheet modules. Financial Technologies & Management has worked with many nonprofit organizations to help them extend the functionality of their MIP Fund Accounting through the high-quality workflow features provided by Microix.
Microix Budget Module
This budget module is an advanced reporting and planning tool that allows you to create budget worksheets for any period you require. The system automates the process for you by building budget worksheets based on any program, department, fund grant, cost center, or designation you enter. It also works with pre-loaded worksheets from Abila Fund Accounting’s General Ledger from current and previous years.
Other Features of Microix Budget Include:
- Use Excel formulas to automatically generate next year’s budget entries from the current year’s activities.
- Completed worksheets can be routed to a multi-level approval process.
- Approvers can re-route the budget worksheet to the originator for modifications.
- Users can enter justifications for specific line items and worksheets.
- Budget multi-year grants and programs in addition to the annual fiscal year budget.
- Budget each payroll position along with their benefits.
- Consolidates all budget worksheets at any time during the budget preparation process for organization-wide reporting.
- All reports can be exported to Microsoft Excel or printed as a PDF document.
- Creates multiple versions of the same budget.
- Distributes the budget automatically using MIP distribution codes.
- Distributes the budget for each line item based on a predefined or customized monthly distribution code.
- Displays budget vs. actual data for current and prior years.
- Estimates remainder year based on the current period.
- Remain current using historical data imported from MIP general ledger and work with the data to help create new budget entries. The historical data can be refreshed from MIP Fund Accounting at any time, so you are always working with the latest numbers.
- Budget worksheets can be approved from any smartphone, tablet, or PC.
- Seamless integration with Abila MIP Fund Accounting.
Microix Requisitions Module
With the requisition module, your accountants and non-accounting staff can create purchase requests from the comfort of their desktop computers. As these requisitions are entered electronically, the available funds are displayed online. Once the requisition has been approved through the multi-level approval process, it is then converted to a purchase order and seamlessly transferred over to Abila MIP as an un-posted encumbrance or A/P transaction.
Other Features of Microix Requisition Include:
- Budget control.
- Allows users and approvers to have real-time budget control enabling them to see the latest financial data in Abila Fund Accounting’s general ledger.
- Purchase order to invoice.
- Works hand-in-hand with Abila Fund Accounting allowing for easy integration with existing data. The requester submits a requisition, waits for approval, and then places the order. The purchase order is matched with the vendor invoice and transferred to Abila Fund Accounting Accounts Payable module.
- HTML approval.
- Allows approving via a PC, tablet, or smartphone.
- Purchase order entries.
- Users can easily enter and submit their requests by creating a new requisition document or by sending and or copying an existing requisition, helping to increase accuracy and efficiency for frequently ordered items.
- Purchase order to encumbrance.
- The requester submits a requisition, waits for approval, and then places the order. The purchase order is encumbered in Abila Fund Accounting and later liquidated through the Abila invoicing process.
- System alerts.
- Enforce policies by creating alerts. The system will send reminders when documents are not approved promptly.
- When approving documents, an alert can be triggered when users attempt to exceed their budget limit, or the system can block users from submitting a document that exceeds their budget.
- The requisitions module works hand-in-hand with MIP Fund Accounting allowing easy integration with existing data.
- Receive instant answers to questions and maintain complete purchasing audit control with detailed information tracking.
- Analyzes purchase activities by department, users, vendors, or items.
- Utilizes approvals substitution to avoid delays when the original approver is on vacation or out of the office.
- Managers can approve, deny, modify, or return requisitions to the originator for corrections.
Microix Inventory Module
Efficiently and effectively manage your inventory with the help of the Microix Inventory module. Working with the requisition module to leverage off of a proven workflow approval process, this module integrates with MIP Fund Accounting to allow you to print physical count sheets at any time. You can also print barcodes for inventory items, generate purchase orders for items that are running low, and send everything through an approval process.
Other Features of Microix Inventory Include:
- Inventory Item Stored Information
- Current Stock Level
- Inventory Demand
- Inventory Shopping Items
- Inventory Valuation
- Seamless Integration
Microix Timesheet Module
The Timesheet module makes it easy to record, track, and approve timesheet data for the MIP Fund Accounting Payroll module. Combined with MIP Payroll, this timesheet module assists in providing a more efficient way of collecting and processing payroll data.
Other Features of Microix Timesheet Include:
- Create or Approve Multiple Timesheets Simultaneously
- Access Original Timesheets & Make Necessary Changes
- View Timesheet Summary Information for Each Employee
- View Audit Trail of Changes Made to the Original Timesheet
- View Leave Calendar
- Record Hours/Leave & Expenses on Timesheet
- Change Hours to Different Funding Sources by Selecting a Distribution Code Per Entry
- Leave Time Can Be Requested & Emailed for Approval
- Integration with MIP Fund Accounting’s Earning & Leave Codes are Available When Creating a Timesheet
- Automatically Create Regular Timesheets in Abila MIP Fund Accounting
- Printed Timesheets Display Recorded Hours & Summary of Allocated Hours to the Responsible Funding Sources
Since 2001, Microix has been providing add-on modules that are capable of extending your current functionality and investments in Abila. Their products are designed, engineered, and built using industry-standard tools for Microsoft, including SQL Server, ASP.NET, VB.NET, and WCF/Web Services.
The complimentary software evaluation services from our accounting solutions company help you replace your legacy or inadequate nonprofit accounting software with the industry leader--Abila MIP Fund Accounting--and its trusted third-party company, Microix.