|The MIP product release is ready for download!!
MIP Fund Accounting V2020.2 was released August 17, 2020 and is available for download.
This release contains high-quality updates offering patch process and reporting improvements, as well as defect fixes. This release also contains important updates to our security posture.
Improvements in the release:
- Patch Process Improvements:
- Workstation Updater Tool – Users can now find, download, and install minor workstation related updates
- 1099-NEC Updates:
- New option for 1099 Form Setup in Maintain Vendors
- New option for 1099 in Transactions
- Microsoft Excel is no longer required for MIP reports. All customers that own the Data Import/Export module can now export Reports to .xls and view using any .xls reader.
- Checks and Forms: Checks and Forms is the preferred vendor for the MIP Fund Accounting Software.
- Users can now find a link to Checks and Forms in Help.
- You can order your checks and forms via phone (844-857-2898) or online - https://mipchecks.com
For a list of quality improvements, please see Version 2020.X Resolved Issues.
- Password is required for all MIP Users and is no longer optional
- Force Password reset is not optional
- Minimum password character length is enforced
- If the user hasn’t set the minimum length previously, it will default to 8 during this upgrade
- Maximum Password length is 100 characters
- User Password expiration is enforced
- The interval value can be configured. Minimum value is 1 and Maximum value is 365
- If the user hasn’t set this value previously, it will be set to 90 days. If it is set to more than 365 days, it will be reset to 365 days.
- Modified Password Complexity rules
- All Special Characters are now allowed in passwords. Spaces are allowed but not allowed at the beginning or end.
- Password History Management
- Cannot reuse the last 6 passwords
- Granulized SQL Permissions for Improved SQL login security
Please be advised that future releases of MIP will no longer be supported on Windows Server 2008 or 2008R2 and SQL 2008R2. Let us know if we can help to upgrade you to a more current copy of SQL like 2012, 2014, or 2016.
Microsoft Support Changes
Please note the workstation installation will take up to 20 minutes or longer due to Microsoft .Net 4.8 framework installation being required so it is normal for it to remain on this screen for some time. If your machine already has .Net 4.8 installed or your IT professional installs .Net 4.8 prior to the MIP workstation installation, please disregard this message.
Windows Versions of MIP released after January 14, 2020 will no longer be supported on Windows 7 SP1.
READY TO CHECK OUT THE NEW MIP CLOUD?
Even if you haven’t joined the group of cloud adopters, you’ve probably considered it, researched it, or discussed it with your peers. If your organization is ready for a deep dive, now is a good time to check out the newly improved MIP Cloud – request a presentation by contacting us
MIP Subscription Pricing and Contract Changes effective October 1, 2019
MIP Cloud – Multi-Tenant or Single Tenant
1-user bundle $200 per month
3-user bundle $475 per month
Add-ons (modules, users, etc.) as-is/current MIP Cloud subscription pricing
Premium technology fee $150/org/mo. for Single Tenant
ABILA TRENDING SUPPORT TOPICS:
FTM SOFTWARE ADVISORY SERVICES:
- FTM is your local business partner to help you with all your MIP software needs so please check out our MIP services page and contact us for help.
FTM MIP Training Schedule-Please review our event schedule or click on the live webcast class listed below. If you would prefer we provide customized courses at your location, please contact us to develop a customized training program using your database.
FA203 – MIP Fund Accounting General Ledger Transaction Entry
FA204 – MIP Fund Accounting General Ledger Activities
FA205 – MIP Fund Accounting Accounts Payable Processing
FA207 – MIP Fund Accounting Accounts Receivable Processing
FA215 – MIP Fund Accounting Reporting
FA216 – MIP Fund Accounting Financial Statements
FA217 – MIP Fund Accounting Advanced Financial Statements
FA218 – MIP Fund Accounting Advanced Reporting with Drillpoint
MIP Cloud Modern UI Class Promo
MIP Cloud customers get a 100% discount on all MIP Cloud modern UI Live Webcasts and Self-Paced training courses using promo code MODERNUI2020 at checkout. This discount is available through December 31, 2020. Cancellation requirements and considerations apply.
MIP Classic UI Class Promo
MIP Fund Accounting Attend In-Person Workshops will not be offered through December, 2020. MIP Fund Accounting Classic UI Live Webcasts and Self-Paced training courses will be offered in their place.
MIP Lunch and Learn Classes
Lunch and Learn courses are short, 1 hour, MIP courses on specific topics. They include Community Brands Xperience Conference sessions and special topics. The Lunch and Learn are listed in the live webcast of the MIP Fund Accounting Courses on Abila University.
MIP Training Pass
An MIP Training Pass will again be available for customers this summer. The training pass applies to single-day regularly scheduled MIP Fund Accounting Live Webcast and Self-Paced classic user interface classes available through Abila University. Offer does not include year-end classes, multi-day Live Webcast classes, or MIP modern user interface classes (see discount below). The pass will be available for purchase from July 9, 2020 to September 30, 2020. The pass period is 12 months.
- Individual MIP Training Pass – $1,399; Single (1) MIP user gets 15 classes
- Organization MIP Training Pass – $2,599; Five (5) MIP users, within a single organization, gets 30 classes
20% off MIP Checks and Forms-use promo code MIPTAX20. Call 1-800-994-1351 or visit mipchecks.com to place your order.